POSITION TITLE: Maintenance Tech
REPORTS TO: Operations Manager
Revision Date: 04/15/2018
PRINCIPAL FUNCTION: This position is responsible for maintaining the infrastructure of the Garden, ensuring the operational components of the Garden are in good working order.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The successful candidate’s responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
• Routinely inspects facility, troubleshoots and makes repairs to the mechanical, electrical, air conditioning and plumbing systems, as well as any structural elements on the property
• Perform a variety of maintenance/minor repair activities on the interior/exterior areas of the property including, but not limited to, painting, drywall, structural elements, including sidewalks, plumbing repairs, clears drain stoppages, interior and exterior lighting including lamp, fuse and ballast replacement
• Operate a variety of equipment to perform preventive maintenance, minor repairs and maintain cleanliness of property
• Assist other departments, including but not limited to, Special Events to setup events.
• Perform the job in accordance with all applicable standards, policies and regulatory guidelines (i.e. OSHA standards) to promote a safe working environment
• Schedule and preform preventive maintenance programs as assigned by Operations Manager.
• Ensure the appropriate inventory systems, records, files, material safety data sheets, supplies, equipment and tools are maintained
• Periodically inspect air handling units, tighten or replace belts, replace filters and grease components. Maintain logs to document activity
• Performs exterior custodial duties as needed. May include sweeping sidewalks, wet mop sidewalks, operate steam cleaner, operate hand vacuum. Gather trash and empty trash receptacles; operate compactor and turn trash carts
• May perform additional maintenance duties as assigned
• High School Diploma or GED preferred. Technical School certifications and/or training preferred•Minimum 2-3 years building maintenance experience performing some carpentry, HVAC, electrical, mechanical, and plumbing functions
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written or oral form. Ability to define problems, collect information and establish facts.
• Paint, electrical, plumbing, and drywall skills
• Self-starter with ability to work independently
• Capability to diagnose problems on equipment
• Knowledge of basic electrical systems
• Knowledge of safety rules, hazards and application of accident prevention measures
• Basic knowledge of fire protection hydraulic system and fire protection alarm systems
• Ability to work days, evenings, weekends, and holidays
• Valid Driver’s License
• Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds
Email Resume to Susan Boulware at email@example.com
The above job duties and responsibilities describe the general nature and level of work for employees in this position, but this is not intended as an exclusive or all-inclusive inventory of all duties required of employees in this job.
The Atlanta Botanical Garden provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.