Special Events Bartender
Position Title: Special Event Bartender (on call part- time)Hourly
Department: Special Events
Reports to: Beverage Coordinator and Sales and Special Events Manager
We are looking for enthusiastic bartenders to provide an excellent guest services experience. Good bartenders will be able to create classic and innovative drinks exceeding customers’ needs and expectations during private and public events. Compensation includes hourly and tips.
- Greet each guest and nurture outstanding customer service.
- Ensure compliance of the Garden’s cash handling policy at all times.
- Accurately and efficiently complete all sale transactions and maintain proper cash drawer accountabilities and balance banks at the end of shift.
- Handle set-up, break down and clean-up of assigned POS terminal.
- Properly record all transactions via the point of sale system and confirm order and inform guests of the amounts owed, process payments and determine correct change for guests.
- Handle set up of stand, arrange inventory, and notify supervisor of any inventory deficiency or shortage.
- Handle all preparation of bar products, mixing ingredients, and serving drinks
- Ensure solid product knowledge of all items being sold.
- Acquaint guest with items for sale and use proper selling techniques.
- Gauge customers’ needs and preferences and make recommendations.
- Serve alcoholic beverages responsibly, requests identification, and adhere to all alcohol service policies and procedures.
- Perform clean up duties in the stand to maintain the quality appearance of the work area, including cleaning equipment.
- Perform breakdown of all product and supplies that are pulled and return product to the appropriate storage location.
- Must be able to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Organizational skills are essential
- Ability to respond quickly and effectively to change
- Attention to detail and excellent math skills essential
- Prior cashier experience a plus
- Must be able to interact with the public in a confident and professional manner
- Demonstrate excellent listening and clear speaking skills
- Must complete alcohol service training – TIPS certification
- Must have access to reliable transportation and be able to report to work on a changing schedule, including weekends, evenings and holidays.
- Must have exceptional communications skills; ability to communicate with guests and receive orders.
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment.
- Standing and walking 100% of the time.
- Position occasionally requires the ability to lift up to 30+ pounds.
- Constant standing, walking, bending, reaching and repetitive motions.
- Must be able to work outside at times, including in the elements during all seasons.
Email Resume to Susan Boulware at firstname.lastname@example.org
The above job duties and responsibilities describe the general nature and level of work for employees in this position, but this is not intended as an exclusive or all-inclusive inventory of all duties required of employees in this job.