Summer Camp Teacher
The Atlanta Botanical Garden is seeking enthusiastic people to teach and lead the daily activities for its Summer Day Camp. The Summer Day Camp is a summer program in which 21 campers ages 4-10 explore the Garden for a week through stories, games, art projects, cooking and garden activities. The camp will be conducted weekdays from June 4 to July 27 with a one-week break July 2 - 6. Summer camp teachers will report to work on May 31st and June 1st for an orientation. During three of the camp weeks, teachers will work 8:30 a.m. – 4:15 p.m. and the other three weeks, teachers will work 8:30 a.m. – 1:15 p.m. More information about the Summer Camp can be found at atlantabg.org/learn/kids-programs/summer-camp.
The Summer Camp Teacher will organize and lead campers in art projects, games and learning activities, and during cooking camp assist with cooking activities. Additionally, the Summer Camp Teacher will prepare the projects for each day, clean-up and meet and greet parents. The majority of activities will be interactive and part of each day will be spent outside.
- Experience in working with children ages 4 -12
- Completed at least two years of a bachelor’s degree program
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- An enthusiasm for the outdoors and the natural world
- Comfortable with cooking fresh fruits and vegetables
- CPR and first aid certification a plus
- Preference will be given to candidates with environmental education or cooking with children experience
The above job duties and responsibilities describe the general nature and level of work for employees in this position, but this is not intended as an exclusive or all-inclusive inventory of all duties required of employees in this position.
Email Resume to Susan Boulware at email@example.com