Keep an “eagle eye” out and your ears open for these native birds that make their home in the Garden.
- Red Tailed Hawk
- Various sparrows
- Blue jay
- Brown thrasher
- Tufted titmouse
- Mourning dove
- Eastern towhee
- Ruby-throated hummingbird
Top Birding Spots
- Children’s Garden
- Kendeda Canopy Walk and Storza Woods
- Perennial Gardens – a hidden bird feeder attracts sparrows, cardinals and mourning doves
- Fuqua Conservatory – various Quails live in the Tropical Rotunda along with the rarely seen Saffron Finches. In the late spring and summer, look for the adorable baby quails.
Tips and Suggestions
- On a dry summer day, many birds emerge for a refreshing splash in the Garden’s sprinklers.
- Consider coming early after the sprinklers have been turned off to find birds lingering in the leftover puddles.