Longleaf Front Server
The purpose of this position is to interact with our guests and ensure they have a great experience when dining. Servers are responsible for positive guest interactions while serving guests in a friendly and efficient manner. At all times, servers are expected to be attentive to our guest needs and making them feel welcome, comfortable, important and relaxed. Servers are expected to have food and beverage knowledge.
- Prepare the tables, silverware is clean and ready, making sure the items needed for the shift are stocked, performing all other preparation tasks.
- Stay updated on current food and drink menu.
- Take Reservations when necessary, direct customers to their tables, presenting menus, suggesting food and beverage items, informing guest about food preparation details, communicating any allergy or other specifications to chef team.
- Maintain proper dining experience, delivering items, fulfilling customer needs, replenishing utensils, refilling glasses offering desserts and coffee, removing courses.
- Always using a tray in dining room for glassware or any item smaller than your hands.
- Properly opening and pouring wine tableside.
- Obtain and accepting payments, returning the change if necessary.
- Perform basic cleaning tasks as needed or directed by supervisor.
- Fill in for absent staff as needed.
- Assist with special events as needed.
- Greet all guests that enter the restaurant warmly with an appropriate greeting.
- Adhere to grooming and appearance standards consistently.
- Understand and can communicate events and services available at the Garden.
- Excellent oral communication skills required.
- Positive interpersonal skills required.
- Basic understanding of allergy and dietary needs and descriptions.
- Regular washing of hands
- Frequent walking with some standing at times
- Will walk for long periods of time, possibly extended distances
- Frequently lifts/carries up to 25 lbs
- May be indoor or outdoor setting depending on outlet
- Varied weather conditions are expected
- Varying schedule to include evenings, holidays and extended hours as business dictates
The above job duties and responsibilities describe the general nature and level of work for employees in this position, but this is not intended as an exclusive or all-inclusive inventory of all duties required of employees in this job.
Email resume to email@example.com