POSITION TITLE: Assistant Horticulturist – Full-time
LOCATION: Atlanta, GA.
REPORTS TO: Sr. Horticulturist
REVISION DATE: 1/14/20
The Atlanta Botanical Garden has an immediate opening for a full time Assistant Horticulturist. This position requires hands-on gardening responsibilities for sun and shade situations and will report to Sr. Horticulturist.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- General garden maintenance
- General weed removal
- Recognition of plant nutrition deficiencies
- Recognition of pest infestation and damage
- Plant transplantation
- Planting and removal of plants
- General garden watering needs
- Serve as horticultural resource for the Garden
- Work on special projects as assigned
- Must be able to sustain moderate physical exertion with full range of body motion for lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to operate hand and power garden equipment
- Ability to apply herbicides with supervision
- Previous experience working with the public a plus
- Valid Driver’s License with good driving record
- Fluency in English
- Computer literacy
- Ability to work outside in all weather conditions
Associate Degree in horticulture, botany or related field or two years of hands-on professional gardening experience
Email Resume to Careers at email@example.com
The above job duties and responsibilities describe the general nature and level of work for employees in this position, but this is not intended as an exclusive or all-inclusive inventory of all duties required of employees in this job.