Calling all new and experienced gardeners!
Want a stronger connection to your food and where it comes from? Want a chance to network with neighbors and others in your community interested in edible gardening?
The Food Well Alliance, Park Pride, and the Atlanta Botanical Garden are teaming up to launch a brand new series of spring workshops at community gardens across metro-Atlanta. Whether you’re a novice or a gardening pro, come prepared to learn from experts who will provide hands-on teaching and demonstrations.
All workshops will feature light refreshments, opportunities to network, and instruction on the following topics:
Horticulture 101 & Crop Planning
– Creating and maintaining a planting calendar
– Overview of the basic tools you’ll need
– Intercropping and plants that work well together
Seeds, Starts, and Transplants
– Seeds: where to get seeds, how to plant them in beds
– Breaking up roots for planting
– What to look for in healthy transplants/starts
Soil, Nutrients, and Fertility
– Collecting soil samples and soil testing
– Nutrient balance
– Soil fertilizers
– Organic fertilizers
WORKSHOP DATES & LOCATIONS:
Saturday, March 16, 10 a.m. – Campbellton Community Garden
Saturday, March 23, 10 a.m. – Peachtree Hills Community Garden
Thursday, March 28, 4 p.m. – Carver Hills Community Garden
Saturday, March 30, 10 a.m. – Parkview Community Garden
Saturday, April 13, 10 a.m. – Mason Mill Community Garden