Summer High School Internship Program
For seven weeks in June and July, the Atlanta Botanical Garden hosts ten high school students from metro-Atlanta Title I schools during its paid summer high school internship program. Interns work alongside Garden staff to cultivate, conserve, and teach others about our plant collection while gaining invaluable college and career readiness skills from community leaders.
Deadline for applications and teacher recommendations is March 6, 2020
For questions regarding the internship program, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Interns commit to a regular schedule of 21 hours per week for seven weeks, June 3 – July 17, 2020.
- Interns paid an hourly wage of $8/hr, paid in bi-weekly installments.
- Lunch, shirts, gardening supplies are provided during the internship.
- Interns are responsible for keeping a journal and presenting a personal project at the close of the internship program.
- Interns will develop and work a Teen Festival in the Garden in October 2020.
• Must be 16 years or older by June 3, 2020, and a rising sophomore, junior or senior in a metro-area Title I school.
• Must be eligible to work in the United States.
• Able to work outdoors in a variety of conditions and inclement weather.
• Able to lift 40 lbs and carry out demanding tasks.
• Passing all classes.
• Able to receive and interpret instruction.
• Willing to follow policies and procedures of the Atlanta Botanical Gardens.