Part-time Amphibian Specialist
POSITION TITLE: Amphibian Specialist
REPORTS TO: Amphibian Program Coordinator
The part-time Amphibian Specialist reports to the Amphibian Program Coordinator. The primary function of this position is to help maintain a collection of living animals for public displays and educational outreach.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Daily husbandry of living collections.
- Update and maintain public displays.
- Assist amphibian habitats in conservatories.
- Participate in public frog feedings to provide outreach about amphibian conservation issues.
- Maintain food colonies and supplies.
- Openly communicate with conservation staff members.
- Provide content for Atlanta Botanical Garden marketing team as needed.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in Animal Husbandry, preferably in a public institution
- Experience with set-up and maintenance of integrated living displays
- Ability to interact and engage with visitors on a daily basis
- Experience working with an online database
- Valid driver’s license
- Fluency in English
- Computer literacy
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment
- Ability to work most weekends and some holidays
- Motivated, committed and dedicated to the best husbandry practices for the Amphibian Conservation Program.
- The position requires the ability to sustain moderate physical exertion; this includes bending both neck and back to work at awkward angles.
- Regularly requires working with wet hands and feet.
- Wearing nitrile gloves and washing hands multiple times a day.
Please e-mail resume to Careers at firstname.lastname@example.org, along with the title of the position you are applying for.
The above job duties and responsibilities describe the general nature and level of work for employees in this position, but this is not intended as an exclusive or all-inclusive inventory of all duties required of employees in this job.