POSITION TITLE: Assistant Horticulturist
REPORTS TO: Sr. Horticulturist
LOCATION: Atlanta, GA
REVISION DATE: 07/30/2019
The Atlanta Botanical Garden has an immediate opening for a full-time Assistant Horticulturist. This position requires hands-on gardening responsibilities for sun and shade situations and will report to Sr. Horticulturist.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- General garden maintenance.
- General weed removal.
- Recognition of plant nutrition deficiencies.
- Recognition of pest infestation and damage.
- Plant transplantation.
- Planting and removal of plants.
- General garden watering needs.
- Serve as a horticultural resource for the Garden.
- Work on special projects as assigned.
- Associate Degree in horticulture, botany or related field or two years of hands-on professional gardening experience.
- Must be able to sustain moderate physical exertion with a full range of body motion for lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to operate hand and power garden equipment.
- Ability to apply herbicides with supervision.
- Previous experience working with the public a plus.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Fluency in English.
- Computer literacy.
- Ability to work in all weather conditions.
Please e-mail resume to Careers at firstname.lastname@example.org, along with the title of the position you are applying for.
The above job duties and responsibilities describe the general nature and level of work for employees in this position, but this is not intended as an exclusive or all-inclusive inventory of all duties required of employees in this job.