Assistant Horticulturist, Gainesville
POSITION TITLE: Assistant Horticulturist
REPORTS TO: Sr. Horticulturist
LOCATION: Gainesville, GA
REVISION DATE: 04/25/2019
Plants and maintains display gardens in a manner consistent with the Garden's brand and standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- General garden maintenance.
- Recognition of plant nutrition deficiencies.
- Recognition of pest infestation and damage.
- Plant transplantation.
- Planting and removal of plants.
- Assist in maintaining an effectively run volunteer program.
- Serve as horticulturist resource for the Garden.
- Associates Degree in Horticulture, botany or related field or two years of hand-on professional gardening experience.
- Computer literacy.
- Previous experience working in a public garden setting is a plus.
- Ability to operate hand and power garden equipment.
- Knowledge of or previous experience in a woodland plant setting is desired.
- Must be able to sustain moderate physical exertion with full range of body motion for lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to work in all weather conditions.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to effectively respond to multiple, changing and often conflicting priorities is essential.
- Must be able to effectively interact with the general public and co-workers and peer professionals.
Please e-mail resume to Careers at firstname.lastname@example.org, along with the title of the position you are applying for.
The above job duties and responsibilities describe the general nature and level of work for employees in this position, but this is not intended as an exclusive or all-inclusive inventory of all duties required of employees in this job.