Education Programs Assistant (Part-time)
POSITION TITLE: Education Programs Assistant
REPORTS TO: Public Programs Manager
REVISION DATE: 04/01/2019
The Atlanta Botanical Garden, featuring stunning outdoor display gardens, beautiful woodlands, and the Dorothy Chapman Fuqua Conservatory that houses rare and endangered plants from tropical rainforests and desert regions, has an immediate opening for an Education Programs Assistant. Under direction of the Public Programs Manager, the Programs Assistant will work with the Education Department to support public and youth programs to include but not be limited to: Outdoor Kitchen programs, public events and festivals, Drop-In Family Classes, adult continuing education classes, and children’s performances, etc.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in maintaining volunteer contacts and materials included in the Discovery Program.
- Assist with training and monitoring the Garden’s Discovery Volunteers, Outdoor Kitchen Resource Assistants, Junior League Volunteers, and National Charity League Volunteers.
- Aid in organizing, taking inventory, and stocking cooking and cleaning supplies in the Outdoor Kitchen and related areas.
- Assist in public programming execution for family programs and family activities.
- Ensure weeknight and weekend public programming has adequate support.
- Assist with the Garden Chef cooking demos, Outdoor Kitchen dinner classes, and public food programs.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Public Programs Manager, Youth Programs Manager and/or Family Programs Coordinator.
- High school graduate with a minimum of 2 years of a bachelor’s degree program.
- Must be able to display excellent communication and interpersonal skills while managing volunteers and working with visitors.
- The ideal candidate will have experience or an interest in food and cooking, edible gardening, horticulture, education, young children and youth activities.
- Punctual, reliable, and flexible.
- Must be able to lift 30 lbs. and work outdoors in extreme weather conditions.
- Be available to work 1-2 weekdays from 4 p.m.-10 p.m. and Saturdays and/or Sundays from approximately 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., April 15 – November 4.
Please e-mail resume to Careers at email@example.com, along with the title of the position you are applying for.
The above job duties and responsibilities describe the general nature and level of work for employees in this position, but this is not intended as an exclusive or all-inclusive inventory of all duties required of employees in this job.