Event and Banquet Set-up Attendant
POSITION TITLE: Event and Banquet Set-up Attendant
DEPARTMENT: Sales and Special Events
REPORTS TO: Special Events Manager
REVISION DATE: 11/20/18
The Atlanta Botanical Garden is currently seeking a Part-Time Event and Banquet Set-up Attendant to join our Special Events team. This position reports to the Sales and Special Events Manager and as part of a team, performs a full range of duties required to ensure that Atlanta Botanical Garden facilities provide the highest level of safety and customer satisfaction for public and staff use.
Set-Up Attendants often perform work in an assigned area that may involve working around other staff and/or the public, depending upon assignment. as new or unusual situations arise and therefore, Set-Up Attendants are expected to be fully aware of the Standard Operation Procedures and policies of the Special Events Team.
The ideal candidate for this position is a self-starter with a passion for quality service. The realities of hosting multiple simultaneous events with varying requirements mandate that the Set-Up Attendant is calm under stress, and comfortable in an environment where each team member holds each other accountable for their work function.
The work of the Set-Up Attendant is a key foundational element in the execution of successful events at the Atlanta Botanical Garden, therefore attention to detail, honesty, integrity, and a willingness to learn are essential to success in this position. We are One at the Atlanta Botanical Garden therefore a team mentality is must.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs general set up and removal of items for public and private events. This includes tables, chairs, pipe and drape, and other equipment as assigned.
- Confirm equipment is returned and properly stored after installation/strike.
- Adhere to proper loading and security procedures and policies.
- Properly pack and handle inventory to protect against damage and deterioration.
- Perform pick-up and delivery of items to and from vendors and/or properties.
- Complete all required paperwork, monitor for accuracy and consistency.
- Push equipment as required.
- Ensure that all storage rooms are kept clean and in an orderly manner.
- Reports safety, sanitary, and fire hazards to appropriate supervisor; reports need for maintenance and repairs to the appropriate authority, and reports unauthorized individuals, as necessary.
- Maintain all meeting rooms and adjoining public spaces in excellent condition at all times.
- Set up and break down for banquet functions as needed including moving tables, setting tables and chairs, staging and portable stairs, podiums, bar set-up, etc.
- Set up and break down a variety of rooms in various styles and shapes.
- Follows Banquet Event Orders and Diagrams with strong attention to detail
- Maintains a strong knowledge of various types of set-up
- Assists the Special Events team with setting up equipment
- Interact with internal and external customers in a professional manner to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Assume responsibility for equipment assigned (i.e., two-way radios, keys, etc.).
- Lift moderate amounts of weight in the form of tables, chairs, stanchions, staging floor panels and dance floor panels and other equipment as required. Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds.
- Such other duties, functions, special projects as assigned by the Sales and Special Events Manager
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Must be able to read and understand written Banquet Event Orders and Diagrams.
- Ability to work an irregular work schedule as required to perform duties and responsibilities including weekends, holidays, and nights.
- Must possess basic math and language skills, including the ability to follow instructions and communicate effectively (both verbally and in writing).
- Ability to multitask, reasoning, problem-solving, and paying attention to details, along with the ability to maintain poise in fast-paced, high-stress situations.
- Should have strong people skills and a yearning to please your customers.
- Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment. Physical requirements include lots of bending, standing, and walking, and the ability to lift at least 50 pounds.
- Must be able to push and pull carts and equipment weighing up to 100 pounds on a regular and continuing basis.
- Tasks will be performed both indoors and outdoors in all weather.
- Must have high level of responsiveness over radio
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum High School Education, GED, or equivalent training enabling the successful demonstration of the skills listed above.
- A minimum of one (1) year experience as a Setup Attendant or comparable of a multi-purpose facility, hotel or related operation is preferred.
- Experience in providing customer service directly to customers is preferred.
Please e-mail resume to Careers at firstname.lastname@example.org, along with the title of the position you are applying for.
The above job duties and responsibilities describe the general nature and level of work for employees in this position, but this is not intended as an exclusive or all-inclusive inventory of all duties required of employees in this job.