Event Coordinator (Part-time)
POSITION TITLE: Event Coordinator (part-time)
FLSA: Non-Exempt (Hourly)
DEPARTMENT: Special Events
REPORTS TO: Sales and Special Events Manager
REVISION DATE: 02/24/19
Responsible for preparing all event documentation including event orders and booking resumes for all events held at the Atlanta Botanical Garden. Coordinates with Sales, internal departments and customers to ensure consistent, high-level service throughout pre-event, event and post-event phases of all property events.
Ensures events have a seamless turnover from sales to execution back to sales. Details all events, public, internal and private, held at Atlanta Botanical Garden. This includes working with promoters and high-level donors, coordinating needs with all departments, managing the entire process to ensure that everyone is on task with assigned responsibilities. Recognizes opportunities to maximize revenue opportunities by up-selling and offering enhancements to create outstanding events.
Managing Event Planning Logistics and Operations
- Ensures that events progress seamlessly by following established procedures, collaborating with other employees, and ensuring accuracy.
- Greets customer during the event phase and hands-off to the Event Lead team for the execution of details.
- Adheres to all standards, policies, and procedures.
- Identifies operational challenges associated with his/her group and determines how to best work with the property staff and customer to solve these challenges and/or develop alternative solutions.
- Uses his/her judgment to integrate current trends in event management and event design.
- Acts as liaison between Sales Coordinator and customer throughout the event planning process.
- Participates in customer site inspections and assists with the sales process as necessary.
- Builds Banquet Event Orders to capture all Garden details for the event. (BEOs)
- Attends weekly Special Events Operations Meeting.
- Solicits feedback from the property departments to identify areas for improvement to enhance the Event Planner's experience.
- Creates timelines for all events to include but not limited to, public concert series, Membership Events, Development Events, internal meetings and Private Events. This includes the Summer Concert Series, Garden Lights Holiday Nights, and Valentines in the Garden, Membership Nights and Donor Events.
- Ability to work closely with Operations Team and all other Departments to ensure that all events are executed in a smooth and timely manner.
Ensuring and Providing Exceptional Customer Service
- Delivers excellent customer service throughout the customer experience and encourages the same from other employees.
- Coordinates and communicates event details both verbally and in writing to the customer and property operations.
- Oversees his/her customer experiences from event turnover.
- Follows up with customer post-event along with Sales Coordinator to ensure post-event survey has been sent to the client.
- Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints along with the Sales Coordinator.
- Uses personal judgment and expertise to enhance the customer experience.
- Stays available to solve problems and/or suggest alternatives to previous arrangements.
- Works to continually improve customer service by integrating obtained feedback and personal judgment into action plans.
- Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focuses on continuous improvement.
- Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
- Ensures employees understand expectations and parameters for event activities.
- Works closely with all departments to ensure successful events.
- Conducts 30-day walk through and post-event meetings as required to review/communicate group needs and feedback.
- Facilitates pre-event and post-event meetings with operations team members.
In order to narrow down our search and applicant pool, we are requiring that ALL candidates meet the following necessary qualifications in order to apply:
- High school diploma or GED; experienced (1 - 2 years of experience) in the event management or related professional area. or 2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; at least 1-year experience in the event management or related professional area required.
- At least 1-year experience working in Delphi, CI-TY or other event booking software.
- Excellent client and customer service skills, be able to multi-task, lead by example and direct employees in the fast-paced environment.
- Exceptional time management skills, adaptable to change in a fast paced environment.
- Must be a team player, well organized, strong computer skills.
- May be required to work holidays, nights and weekend hours.
- Very responsive both via email and phone.
Standing and walking 90% of the time. Position routinely requires the ability to lift up to 40+ pounds.
Please e-mail resume to Careers at email@example.com, along with the title of the position you are applying for.
The above job duties and responsibilities describe the general nature and level of work for employees in this position, but this is not intended as an exclusive or all-inclusive inventory of all duties required of employees in this job.