Event Lead (Part-time), Atlanta & Gainesville
POSITION TITLE: Event Lead (part-time)
FLSA: Non-Exempt (hourly)
DEPARTMENT: Special Events
REPORTS TO: Special Events Coordinator
REVISION DATE: 02/21/19
Under the general direction of the Special Events Coordinator, the Event Lead is responsible for the successful day of execution of special events.
- Effectively interact with clients (internal & external), caterers, wedding planners, etc. ensuring excellent customer service and a top-quality experience with the Garden.
- Review and understand all event paperwork prior to shift to ensure seamless execution.
- Oversee vendor load-in and load out, including set-up; break down and cleanup of the event.
- Assist all event personnel, including the Garden’s maintenance and security staff.
- Assist in all areas to remain customer/client focused.
- Responsible for the completion of event paperwork, incident reports, and the handling of any other issues pertaining to vendors, the event, the safety of individuals attending and the maintenance of the Garden facility from damage.
- Monitor event activities to ensure the client and event attendees are satisfied.
- Assist with managing on-site production and clean up for events as necessary.
- Provide excellent customer service in meeting the needs and requests of clients.
- Must be able to work and interact professionally with all levels of management and staff of the Garden.
- 1-2 years’ experience with event coordination.
- Must be able to work independently as well as on a team.
- Demonstrate excellent leadership skills.
- Organizational skills are essential.
- Ability to respond quickly and effectively to change is essential.
- A knack for problem-solving.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Must be able to interact with the public and supervise event staff professionally.
- Executing events from BEO and Delphi a plus.
- Must have access to reliable transportation and be able to report to work on a changing schedule, including weekends, evenings and holidays.
Standing and walking 90% of the time. Position routinely requires the ability to lift up to 40+ pounds.
Please e-mail resume to Careers at email@example.com, along with the title of the position you are applying for.
The above job duties and responsibilities describe the general nature and level of work for employees in this position, but this is not intended as an exclusive or all-inclusive inventory of all duties required of employees in this job.