Gift Shop Associate
Position Title: Gift Shop Associate
Department: Gift Shop
Reports To: Gift Shop Manager
Revision Date: 03/18/19
The Gift Shop Associate operates in various locations at Atlanta Botanical Gardens and works closely with customers to determine their needs and answer their questions about our product. The Gift Shop associate must stay up to date with product features and maintain our shop’s visual appearance in high standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Greet guests with a smile and a verbal welcome using an enthusiastic and pleasant manner.
- Process all Point Of Sale transactions and functions accurately.
- Opening, closing, and balancing cash drawer.
- Promote and actively sell Gift Shop product.
- Maintaining sales floor appearances by restocking throughout shift.
- Price and check new product before it is put on the sales floor/stockroom.
- Sell and reload parking cards for guests.
- Provide guests with directions to ticketing and food venues, offices, and special events.
- Maintain clean working environment.
- Maintain a working relationship with other departments to ensure up-to-date garden knowledge.
- Additional duties may be assigned. Management retains the discretion to change or add to the duties of this position at any time.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older.
- Must be able to maintain a good working relationship with coworkers.
- Must be able to work days, nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Must have excellent communication skills and a sense of appropriateness to converse with employees and guests.
- Must be able to responsibly handle large sums of money.
- Must be able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure.
- Must be able to speak to large crowds.
- Must be able to understand a personal computer’s basic functions and operate it.
- Must be able to take direction from others in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- High school diploma or equivalent education preferred.
- Minimum of one year experience in hospitality or customer service industry preferred.
- Previous retail experience preferred.
The above job duties and responsibilities describe the general nature and level of work for employees in this position, but this is not intended as an exclusive or all-inclusive inventory of all duties required of employees in this job.
Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org