Gift Shop Lead
POSITION TITLE: Lead Associate (Part-Time)
DEPARTMENT: Garden Gift Shop
Date: March 2019
REPORTS TO: Gift Shop Manager
PRINCIPAL FUNCTION: The Lead is responsible for providing outstanding service to our guests, maintaining Gift Shop presentation standards, accurate cash handling and supervision of opening and/or closing duties. Leads will also provide direction and guidance to staff in absence of Manager and/or Assistant Manager, if applicable.
- Be highly engaged and represent our passion for the Atlanta Botanical Garden
- Model positive and professional behavior
- Supervise daily activities of associates including: sales activities, restocking, tidying of shop and receipt of incoming merchandise
- Manage daily operations in the POS systems
- Provide accurate leadership in gift shop opening and closing procedures with emphasis on all aspects of securing the facility as well as cash and parking pass handling
- Ensure all phone calls are handled in a professional manner
- Maintain positive relationships with other Garden departments such as: Security, Visitor Experience, Special Events, Education, etc.
- Be prepared to appropriately handle unexpected or emergency situations - know which other departments to contact to further assistance or appropriate response
- Provide work direction on sales floor in conjunction with Gift Shop and/or Assistant Manager
- Guide daily activities of associates including: sales activities, restocking, tidying of shop, and receipt of incoming merchandise
- Provide direction on sales floor in conjunction with Gift Shop Manager and/or Assistant Manager
- Provide accurate leadership in store opening and closing procedures
- Exemplary customer service
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to lead in a team environment
- Ability to handle difficult situations with tact and diplomacy
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Process information/merchandise through computer system and POS register
- Communicate clearly and politely with associates and guest
- Read, count and write to accurately complete all documentation
- Freely access all areas of the Gift Shop including sales floor, stock areas and register area
- Operate and use all equipment necessary to run the Gift Shop
- Move or handle merchandise throughout the Gift Shop, generally weighing 0-20 pounds
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to effectively respond to multiple, changing and often conflicting priorities is essential.
- Must be able to effectively interact with the general public and supervise and motivate staff.
Please e-mail resume to Careers at email@example.com, along with the title of the position you are applying for.
The above job duties and responsibilities describe the general nature and level of work for employees in this position, but this is not intended as an exclusive or all-inclusive inventory of all duties required of employees in this job.