POSITION TITLE: Grants Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Grants Officer
Date: June 2019
This full-time position is responsible for fulfilling annual grants funding requirements for the Atlanta Botanical Garden’s development department in collaboration with the Grants Officer. Primarily but not limited to unrestricted annual support, restricted education support, as well as restricted conservation support. This position requires a high level of attention to detail, exceptional writing skills, ability to work well collaboratively, and the integrity to handle sensitive information.
- Unrestricted annual grants
- Restricted annual grants, education & conservation
- Draft and submit grant application(s)/requests, as well as LOI’s (Letter(s) of Intent)
- Prepare and execute foundation gift acknowledgments and other correspondence
- Organization/Foundation information management
- Organization/Foundation research
- Fulfillment of grant-reporting requirements
- Maintain an annual calendar of funding request deadlines
- Work collaboratively with mission-related staff members, as appropriate
- Work with Grants Officer & Development Manager to create annual work plan to meet revenue goals
- Provide regular updates to the Grants Officer & Development Manager
- Create acknowledgment letter templates for development department
- Work with Grants Officer and related Garden departments to create annual report
- Maintain accurate donor records in both Raiser’s Edge database and traditional paper file
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Grants Officer & Development Manager
- Attend Garden programs and special events, as appropriate
Position Requirements: The ideal candidate is highly motivated, a self-starter, and a team player with energy, positivity, and flexibility. The position requires strong interpersonal skills, excellent written and oral communication abilities, exceptional project and time management skills, fine attention to detail, exemplary organization skills, adaptable to a fast-paced work environment, and the ability to develop and maintain superb donor relations. Some evening and weekend work required.
Full computer proficiency required. Competency with Raiser’s Edge preferred. Experience with government grants a plus. The position requires an undergraduate degree and a minimum of three years of experience in development and grants management.
Please e-mail resume to Careers at email@example.com, along with the title of the position you are applying for.
The above job duties and responsibilities describe the general nature and level of work for employees in this position, but this is not intended as an exclusive or all-inclusive inventory of all duties required of employees in this job.