POSITION TITLE: Grants Officer
REPORTS TO: Development Manager
REVISION DATE: 01/01/2019
This full-time position is responsible for fulfilling annual grants funding requirements for the Atlanta Botanical Garden’s development department. Primarily but not limited to unrestricted annual support and restricted education support. This position requires a high level of attention to detail, exceptional writing skills, ability to work well collaboratively, and the integrity to handle sensitive information.
REQUIRED: A Cover Letter is required with submission of Resume/Application.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Unrestricted annual grants
- Restricted annual grants - primarily education
- Draft and submit grant application(s)/requests, as well as LOI’s (Letter(s) of Intent)
- Prepare and execute gift acknowledgments and other correspondence
- Organization/Foundation information management
- Organization/Foundation research
- Fulfillment of grant-reporting requirements
- Maintain an annual calendar of funding request deadlines
- Work collaboratively with mission-related staff members, as appropriate
- Work with Development Manager to develop an annual work plan to meet revenue goals
- Provide regular updates to the Development Manager
- Create acknowledgment letter templates for the development department
- Work with related Garden departments to create an annual report
- Maintain accurate donor records in both Raiser’s Edge database and traditional paper file
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Development Manager
- Attend Garden programs and special events, as appropriate
Position Requirements: The ideal candidate is highly motivated, a self-starter, and a team player with energy, positivity, and flexibility. Full computer proficiency required. Competency with Raiser’s Edge preferred. The position requires an undergraduate degree and a minimum of three years of experience in development and grants management.
The position requires strong interpersonal skills, excellent written and oral communication abilities, exceptional project and time management skills, fine attention to detail, exemplary organization skills, adaptable to fast-paced work environment, and the ability to develop and maintain superb donor relations.
Please e-mail resume to Careers at firstname.lastname@example.org, along with the title of the position you are applying for.
The above job duties and responsibilities describe the general nature and level of work for employees in this position, but this is not intended as an exclusive or all-inclusive inventory of all duties required of employees in this job.