Greenhouse and Nursery Assistant, Gainesville
Position Title: Greenhouse and Nursery Assistant
Department: ABG Gainesville
Reports To: Horticulture Manager
Revision Date: 10/25/18
Performs all responsible duties associated with the propagation, production, and maintenance of plants, both woody and herbaceous, at consistent levels of high quality in greenhouse and nursery. This position is at the Atlanta Botanical Garden Gainesville.
Essential Duties an Responsibilities:
- Responsible for all aspects of plant care in greenhouse and nursery (watering, fertilization,
pest and disease control, potting, appropriate size of plant, etc.)
- Master propagation techniques used for propagation of woody and herbaceous plants (seed
sowing, cuttings, grafting, etc.)
- Assists supervisor with acquiring/purchasing supplies and materials for plant production.
- Effectively use volunteers and students/interns to complete job duties.
- Maintains identification labels for all plants in greenhouse and nursery.
- Assists with maintenance of landscapes around greenhouse and nursery. Also assists with special projects in greenhouse or nursery as needed.
- Operates equipment as needed.
- Requires occasional assigned weekend duty.
- Communicates in a professional manner with staff, supervisors, volunteers, visitors and others.
- Other duties or projects as assigned by supervisor.
The above job duties and responsibilities describe the general nature and level of work for employees in this position, but this is not intended as an exclusive or all-inclusive inventory of all duties required of employees in this job.
Email resume to email@example.com