Guest Experience Associate – Gainesville
POSITION TITLE: Guest Experience Associate - Gainesville
DEPARTMENT: Guest Experience - Gainesville
LOCATION: Gainesville, GA.
REPORTS TO: Guest Experience Manager - Gainesville
REVISION DATE: 07/26/19
PRINCIPAL FUNCTION: Act as a frontline ambassador for the Garden whose main focus is creating enjoyable and positive experiences for all guests.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Greet arriving guests and welcome them to the Garden.
- Gather feedback from guests to share with management; work to problem-solve daily issues as possible.
- Process all admission Point of Sale (POS) transactions and functions; handle cash and credit transactions with a high level of accuracy and according to established policies.
- Promote and actively sell annual garden memberships.
- Assist guests with Gift Shop purchases.
- Cleans and stock Gift Shop as necessary.
- Provide general information about the Garden and the Gainesville area.
- Maintain brochure racks and cleanliness of the guest center area.
- Assist with incoming phone calls, vendors and guests arriving for appointments with staff.
- May work in the Garden directing and assisting guests during an event.
STATUS AND SCOPE: Interact with guests at point of sale entry admissions area and throughout the gardens providing information and handling basic sales transactions.
- Strong customer service skills; experience working in a customer-focused capacity
- Flexibility of schedule to work shifts including weekends, evenings and holidays
- Experience with POS systems and daily balancing of cash and receipts
- Multi-tasking and organizational abilities
- Flexibility and capability to adapt to changes in daily routine and visitor needs
- Basic math, computer and cash handling skills required
Intermittent standing and walking with extended periods of sitting at desk or working at point of sale computer. Position requires visual acuity to read details presented on a computer screen, manual dexterity to operate a computer keyboard and card swipe reader, manual dexterity to open and operate a cash drawer, and the ability to lift 30+ pounds.
Excellent organizational and time management skills. Ability to effectively respond to multiple, changing and often conflicting priorities is essential. Must be able to effectively interact with the general public of all dispositions and maintain a calm, friendly and pleasant demeanor at all times.
Email Resume to Careers at firstname.lastname@example.org
The above job duties and responsibilities describe the general nature and level of work for employees in this position, but this is not intended as an exclusive or all-inclusive inventory of all duties required of employees in this job.