Guest Experience Associate
POSITION TITLE: Guest Experience Associate
DEPARTMENT: Guest Experience
LOCATION: Atlanta, GA.
REPORTS TO: Guest Experience Manager
REVISION DATE: 04/01/19
The Guest Experience Associate operates in various locations at Atlanta Botanical Gardens, including selling various tickets and garden memberships, and providing general information and supplies such as maps/informational brochures to guests.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Explain and sell the benefits of Garden memberships.
- Explain ticket prices, schedules, and Garden special events.
- Greet guests with a smile and a verbal welcome using an enthusiastic and pleasant manner.
- Provide guests with information regarding activities conducted at the Garden.
- Provide guests with directions to food and merchandise venues, offices, and special events.
- Communicate correct product information to guests regarding coupons, special offers, and upcoming events.
- Assist individuals or groups with tickets and brochures.
- Collect and secure money from tickets sold, provide guests with correct change.
- Keep records of money collected and tickets sold.
- Prepare till and tickets at the beginning of the day.
- Balance registers at the end of each shift.
- Maintain brochure and supply inventory in ticket booths.
- Maintain a clean working environment.
- Maintain a working relationship with other departments to ensure up-to-date garden knowledge.
- Assist in other areas of the department such as trains or any location throughout the garden.
- Additional duties may be assigned. Management retains the discretion to change or add to the duties of this position at any time.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older.
- Must be able to maintain a good working relationship with coworkers.
- Must be able to work days, nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Must have excellent communication skills and sense of appropriateness to converse with employees and guests.
- Must be able to responsibly handle large sums of money.
- Must be able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure.
- Must be able to speak to large crowds.
- Must be able to understand a personal computer’s basic functions and operate it.
- Must be able to take direction from others in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team.
- High school diploma or equivalent education preferred.
- Minimum of one year of experience in hospitality or customer service industry preferred.
- Previous sales experience preferred.
Email Resume to Careers at email@example.com
The above job duties and responsibilities describe the general nature and level of work for employees in this position, but this is not intended as an exclusive or all-inclusive inventory of all duties required of employees in this job.