Guest Experience Lead
POSITION TITLE: Guest Experience Lead
DEPARTMENT: Guest Experience
LOCATION: Atlanta, GA.
REPORTS TO: Associate Manager, Guest Experience
REVISION DATE: 07/10/19
The Guest Experience Lead assists the Guest Experience Managers in the day-to-day operation of all aspects of the garden, including Ticketing, Visitor Center, and Call Center.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Monitor guest and members of the garden to ensure proper garden etiquette is being maintained.
- Comply with and maintain all departmental and garden policies, standards, and procedures.
- Assist with training and developing team member employees, evaluate and document performance on an ongoing basis, recognize successes, and develop performance plans when necessary.
- Partner with department Manager to maintain appropriate staffing levels in accordance with business needs, enforce all staffing and attendance policies, and maintain team member employment documentation.
- Ensure all up-selling goals are being met with all staff in setting and monitoring the expectations and assist with the maintenance of department and garden-wide programs to boost staff morale and retention and to increase sales productivity.
- Provide team members with the necessary information, tools, and feedback to effectively perform their job duties.
- Respond to and take appropriate action to resolve concerns and issues both from garden guests and staff members.
- Maintain a professional work environment within Visitor Experience locations. This includes setting clear behavioral expectations for subordinates and developing positive and professional relationships and communication lines with all subordinates, peers, managers and guests - serving as an example to all team members.
- Assist in monitoring all ticketing inventory, such as receipt paper, garden maps, and ticket stock.
- Perform hourly walks of the garden, conducting quality checks and maintaining aesthetics.
- Ensure that all staff is continually and consistently trained on all procedures needed to operate the Galaxy ticketing system and assist all cashiers with register and ticketing errors.
- Supervise, train and coach hourly staff includes performing weekly staff audits.
- Ensuring proper and on-time opening and closing of operations.
- Manage by walking around through Garden to ensure department goals and standards are met.
- Ensure staff are trained, developed and equipped to meet department operating standards.
- Ensuring staff adherence to proper grooming standards.
- This position is part-time working less than 30 hours per week, starting pay is $13.00/hour. Nights and weekends are required including Holidays.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must be able to work days, evenings, weekends and holidays to meet business needs.
- Ability to work with a diversified workforce.
- Must be able to work with, manage, and lead large groups of people.
- Must be able to critically process situations and react quickly while using good judgment.
- Ability to use and train others on the use of computers utilizing Microsoft Office and Galaxy systems.
- Excellent communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to handle and manage large sums of money accurately.
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions and perform basic math functions.
- Ability to perform effectively in a fast-paced environment and solve problems with minimal supervision.
- Ability to utilize strong verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to organize, coordinate, and manage large groups of people.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Two years of customer service management or equivalent experience preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job the employee is required to sit and stand for long periods and walk. The employee must be able to reach with hands and arms; and use hands to finger, handle, and feel. The employee is frequently required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is frequently required to talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move carry, push, or pull at least 50lbs. Specific vision requirements for this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, ability to focus, and night vision. The employee must be able to take directional cues directly or indirectly.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to outside weather conditions.
- The employee is regularly exposed to wet/or humid conditions, extreme heat or extreme cold.
- The noise level of the work environment is usually moderate.
- The environment can be moderate to fast-paced.
Email Resume to Careers at firstname.lastname@example.org
The above job duties and responsibilities describe the general nature and level of work for employees in this position, but this is not intended as an exclusive or all-inclusive inventory of all duties required of employees in this job.