Guest Experience Model Train Associate
POSITION TITLE: Model Train Guest Experience Associate
DEPARTMENT: Guest Experience
REPORTS TO: Guest Experience Manager
FLSA: Non Exempt
Revision Date: 10/08/2018
The Guest Experience Model Train Associate operates in Alston Overlook at Atlanta Botanical Garden including welcoming guests, maintaining the integrity of the model train garden and directing guests throughout the garden during the Garden Lights, Holiday Nights’ exhibition. Seasonal Full and Part time positions available from November-January.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Greet guests with a smile and a verbal welcome using an enthusiastic and pleasant manner
- Ensure all trains are operating properly and alerting the manager on duty of any issues
- Keep tracks clear of debris and clean tracks when needed
- Politely monitor guests from disturbing the model trains and surrounding scenery
- Provide guests with information regarding activities conducted at the garden
- Provide guests with directions to food and merchandise venues, offices, and special events
- Communicate correct product information to guests regarding coupons, special offers, and upcoming events
- Maintain clean working environment
- Maintain a working relationship with other departments to ensure up-to-date garden knowledge
- Additional duties may be assigned. Management retains the discretion to change or add to the duties of this position at any time.
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older
- Must be able to maintain a good working relationship with coworkers
- Must be able to work days, nights, weekends, and holidays
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team
- High school diploma or equivalent education preferred
- Previous experience in hospitality or customer service industry preferred
- Previous model train experience is required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job the employee is required to sit and stand for long periods and walk. The employee must be able to reach with hands and arms; and use hands to finger, handle, and feel. The employee is frequently required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is frequently required to talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move carry, push, or pull at least 50lbs. Specific vision requirements for this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, ability to focus, and night vision. The employee must be able to take directional cues directly or indirectly.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to outside weather conditions
- The employee is regularly exposed to wet/or humid conditions, extreme heat or extreme cold
- The noise level of the work environment is usually moderate
- The environment can be moderate to fast-paced
Email Resume to Careers at firstname.lastname@example.org
The above job duties and responsibilities describe the general nature and level of work for employees in this position, but this is not intended as an exclusive or all-inclusive inventory of all duties required of employees in this job.