HR Coordinator (Part-time)
POSITION TITLE: HR Coordinator (Part Time)
DEPARTMENT: Human Resources
REPORTS TO: HR Manager
REVISION DATE: 08/08/2018
Maintain, organize and support a streamlined Human Resources operation at the Garden as well as additionally serve as limited back up for payroll administration and minimally address employee relations should the Human Resources Manager be unavailable. Success in this role will require strong analytical skills and ability to work at detailed level as well as knowledge of HR principles and practices in addition to exceptional verbal and written skills. This role requires a high level of energy and enthusiasm, solid execution and commitment to client service.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Answer routine questions and inquiries that require knowledge of established departmental procedures and familiarity with operations and programs within human resources. Escalate to HR Manager as appropriate. Educate & train employees on resources available to address questions or concerns.
- Support HR Manager in organizing and facilitating new Associate orientations, training classes, open enrollment sessions, and other events, as necessary. Handle logistics for meetings and training, which may include task such as room setup, facilitator confirmation, meals & snacks, participant travel & hotel, etc.
- Maintain personnel files including, new hires, terminations, transfers, promotions, pay increases, etc. in a timely manner to ensure payroll accuracy and effective management of employee data. Ensure all applicable HR paperwork is placed in each employee’s file. Participate in the coordination of the review and validation process to maintain operational excellence. Complete employment verifications. Forward email/letter to separated employees.
- Work with HR Manager and process owners to optimize processes. Under the direction of the HR Manager, may sometimes lead the process. Identify and implement continuous improvement opportunities through analysis of current processes, identifying enhancements, communicating and training for change.
- Coordinate and create diagrams and presentation materials using MS Visio and PowerPoint; work in partnership with HR Manager to coordinate and facilitate business processes and systems that support HR initiatives; Administer human resource policies and provide expert HR counsel, coaching and training to management regarding policies and procedures, performance management, employee relations, disciplinary actions, organizational development, work environment issues, recognition and leadership.
- Coordinate recruitment for open positions; Posts and manage job openings on applicable job boards; Coordinate with internal and external partners for hiring needs; Reviews resumes and conducts phone interviews; Coordinate internships to ensure tracking; Assists with creating and updating job descriptions; conducts background checks.
- Assists and supports HR Manager in the preparation of HR information reports to management. Prepares quantitative HR data reports as needed. Support the maintenance of thorough and accurate human resource records, postings and documentation in compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Assist with submitting complete, accurate documentation is submitted according to procedure and required timelines for workers’ compensation claims. Assist with reporting and follow-up of general liability claims, including vehicle accidents and injuries to guests.
- Back up the payroll and HRIS functions. Assist in auditing the bi-weekly payroll before processing to identify errors. Ensures HR Authorization Forms are received with approval signatures relating to employee changes: new hires, promotions, transfers, demotions and rate changes.
- Maintain the confidentiality of all information on Garden staff and operations. Promote the mission of the Garden at all times through superior customer service to all and through the efficient use and care of resources.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the department’s manager.
STATUS AND SCOPE:
Interact regularly and routinely with all levels of Garden management and staff, benefits providers, vendors, other Garden and employer representatives, applicants and visitors.
Associate’s degree in human resource management, related field and two years of experience as a Human Resources Administrator/Assistant or an equivalent combination of education and work experience. Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration with concentration/major in Human Resource Management preferred. Experience leading, managing and/or supporting projects also preferred. HR and/or PM certification is desirable.
Must have understanding of local, state and federal employment and affirmative action laws, rules and regulations (i.e. EEOC and OFCCP). Understanding state and federal employee benefit regulations, including ERISA, COBRA, HIPAA, FMLA, Workers’ Compensation etc., is preferred. Must possess proven verbal and written communication, interpersonal, time management and organizational skills. Must have strong computer skills with experience in use of spreadsheets, database programs and word processing. Working knowledge of human resources information system software application required.
Must be able to organize, prioritize, delegate and complete multiple, often competing tasks, ensuring accuracy and adherence to appropriate laws and regulations and Garden procedures. Must be able to handle a high volume of work, multiple priorities and work well under pressure. Requires proven ability in planning, critical thinking and problem-solving. Must be able to maintain a high level of confidentiality and confidence.
Intermittent standing, walking and stooping with prolonged periods of time sitting at computer or in meetings. Subject to frequent interruptions from employees, visitors and telephone calls.
Please e-mail resume to Careers at email@example.com, along with the title of the position you are applying for.
The above job duties and responsibilities describe the general nature and level of work for employees in this position, but this is not intended as an exclusive or all-inclusive inventory of all duties required of employees in this job.