POSITION TITLE: Maintenance Tech
REPORTS TO: Sr. Building Engineer
PRINCIPAL FUNCTION: This position is responsible for maintaining the infrastructure of the Garden, ensuring the operational components of the Garden are in good working order.
The successful candidate’s responsibilities will include, but not be limited to
- Routinely inspects the facility, troubleshoots and makes repairs to the mechanical, electrical, air conditioning and plumbing systems, as well as any structural elements on the property.
- Perform a variety of maintenance/minor repair activities on the interior/exterior areas of the property including, but not limited to, painting, drywall, structural elements, including sidewalks, plumbing repairs, clears drain stoppages, interior and exterior lighting including lamp, fuse and ballast replacement.
- Operate a variety of equipment to perform preventive maintenance, minor repairs and maintain the cleanliness of the property.
- Assist other departments, including but not limited to, Special Events to setup events.
- Perform the job in accordance with all applicable standards, policies and regulatory guidelines (i.e. OSHA standards) to promote a safe working environment.
- Schedule and perform preventive maintenance programs as assigned by Sr. Building Engineer.
- Ensure the appropriate inventory systems, records, files, material safety data sheets, supplies, equipment and tools are maintained.
- Periodically inspect air handling units, tighten or replace belts, replace filters and grease components. Maintain logs to document activity.
- Performs exterior custodial duties as needed. May include sweeping sidewalks, wet mop sidewalks, operate steam cleaner, operate hand vacuum. Gather trash and empty trash receptacles; operate compactor and turn trash carts.
- May perform additional maintenance duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED preferred. Technical School certifications and/or training preferred•Minimum 1-2 years building maintenance experience performing some carpentry, HVAC, electrical, mechanical, and plumbing functions.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written or oral form. Ability to define problems, collect information and establish facts.
- Paint, electrical, plumbing, and drywall skills.
- Self-starter with ability to work independently.
- Capability to diagnose problems on equipment.
- Knowledge of basic electrical systems.
- Knowledge of safety rules, hazards and application of accident prevention measures.
- Basic knowledge of fire protection hydraulic system and fire protection alarm systems.
- Ability to work days, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Valid Driver’s License with good Motor Vehicle Record (MVR).
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
Please e-mail resume to Careers at email@example.com, along with the title of the position you are applying for.
The above job duties and responsibilities describe the general nature and level of work for employees in this position, but this is not intended as an exclusive or all-inclusive inventory of all duties required of employees in this job.
Employment policies and decisions on employment and promotion are based on merit, qualifications, performance, and business needs. The decisions and criteria governing the employment relationship with all employees are made in a nondiscriminatory manner, without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or any other factor determined to be unlawful by federal, state, or local statutes.