Member Services Coordinator, Explore
POSITION TITLE: Member Services Coordinator, Explore
REPORTS TO: Membership Manager
REVISION DATE: 09/01/2019
The Member Services Coordinator, Explore works with the Membership Manager to provide excellent member services to all members of the Garden, with a special focus on the Explore Membership Program. The majority of this team member’s tasks relate to member services, membership acquisition, retention, and benefits fulfillment for the Explore Program and the member base at large. This is a full-time, grant-funded position that requires occasional evening and weekend responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serve the Atlanta Botanical Garden’s membership base of 40,000+ members by functioning as one of the primary points of contact for member correspondence by phone, e-mail, and in person, providing excellent customer service to support the goals of the Garden
- Facilitate and encourage overall membership acquisition, renewal and upgrade over the phone and through other avenues, to contribute to the annual membership goals
- Research and solve member issues in an approved and effective way, and record in RE Actions
- Monitor Member Service phone and emails and respond promptly to all inquiries and requests
- Attend Membership events, meet and engage members
Explore Membership Program
- Serve as the primary day to day point of contact for members through the Explore Membership Program
- Schedule and facilitate on-site visits with the partner organizations of the Explore program during open enrollment
- Coordinate with the Membership Manager and Development Officer, Foundation Relations to support a seamless and thriving Explore program
- Work with the Membership Manager to develop and execute special communications, activities and events for Explore members as needed
Administrative Duties & Raiser’s Edge
- Serve as a Membership liaison to for the Garden’s Call Center, providing training, materials and updates on an ongoing basis as needed.
- Enter membership gifts into RE or Galaxy when needed, and facilitate purchase of tickets and other member requests.
- Maintain accurate and appropriate member files in Raiser’s Edge.
- Support the scheduling of Membership department volunteers for projects and special needs, as needed.
- General administrative duties as requested by the Membership Manager to enhance the member experience and the smooth operation of the Membership Department.
Excellent customer service skills; Polished and professional manner; Strong oral and written communication skills; Attention to detail; Ability to multi-task and prioritize effectively and efficiently, while maintaining flexibility and composure; Proficient in Microsoft Office; Proficiency in The Raiser’s Edge preferred; Graduate with a four-year college degree preferred
- Lifting (up to 20 lbs.), bending/reaching, extensive walking during event set up.
- Long periods of time working at a computer terminal.
- Position requires mostly sitting work with some standing, bending and stooping to perform general office work.
- Weekend, evening or holiday work required to support the Garden.
The ideal candidate is highly motivated, a self-starter, and team player with energy, enthusiasm, and flexibility. The position requires strong interpersonal skills, excellent written and oral communication abilities, exceptional project and time management skills, fine attention to detail, and the ability to develop and maintain superb donor relations.
Please e-mail resume to Careers at firstname.lastname@example.org, along with the title of the position you are applying for.
The above job duties and responsibilities describe the general nature and level of work for employees in this position, but this is not intended as an exclusive or all-inclusive inventory of all duties required of employees in this job.
Employment policies and decisions on employment and promotion are based on merit, qualifications, performance, and business needs. The decisions and criteria governing the employment relationship with all employees are made in a nondiscriminatory manner, without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or any other factor determined to be unlawful by federal, state, or local statutes.