Part-time IT Support Specialist
POSITION TITLE: Part-time IT Support Specialist
REPORTS TO: IT Manager
REVISION DATE: 02/20/19
The Atlanta Botanical Garden is seeking a part-time IT Support Specialist to join our growing team. We are looking for someone to provide excellent help desk support for the Atlanta and Gainesville locations. This position is based in Atlanta, but may require occasional travel to Gainesville.
The position’s primary responsibilities are to provide first-level Tier 1 Help Desk support to end-users in a Windows-based environment. Support will be provided onsite, remotely, over the phone or via email.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 1 year’s work experience in a technical support role, great customer service and communication skills, and excellent troubleshooting skills with Windows computers. Experience troubleshooting networking issues is a plus.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with end users to evaluate and solve technical issues.
- Resolve service tickets in a timely fashion.
- Complete system installations, upgrades, and system maintenance as required.
- Provide A/V support as necessary.
- Troubleshoot basic networking issues.
- Experience with Microsoft desktop operating systems.
- Experience with Microsoft Office.
- Experience with G Suite is a plus.
- Excellent customer service.
- Ability to maintain professionalism when working with non-technical users.
- An understanding of typical IT policies and procedures.
- Basic knowledge of Active Directory, DNS, and Group Policy.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Must pass a background check and be able to lift 25 lbs.
Please e-mail resume to Careers at email@example.com, along with the title of the position you are applying for.
The above job duties and responsibilities describe the general nature and level of work for employees in this position, but this is not intended as an exclusive or all-inclusive inventory of all duties required of employees in this job.