Plant Documentation Assistant
POSITION TITLE: Plant Documentation Assistant
REPORTS TO: Plant Documentation Manager
PRINCIPAL FUNCTION: Assists Plant Documentation Manager with accessioning, inventories, tagging/labeling, and mapping. These processes will require work both in the office, in greenhouses and outdoors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Gathering and entering relevant data for creating an initial permanent plant collection record.
- Research supplemental information for plant record.
- Create and attach relevant tags.
- Conducting inventories both individually and in teams.
- Update inventories into plant records database.
- Mapping areas in greenhouses and outdoors. This could be initial mapping or updates. Update the digital mapping system with updated mapped information.
- Work with and support Volunteers/Interns.
- BS in biological sciences, botany preferred.
- 1-year experience required.
- Excellent reading and writing skills.
- Attention to detail both with plants in the landscape as well as data entry.
- Familiarity with botanical nomenclature.
- Flexibility with multiple projects.
- Digital mapping software experience (preferably ArcGIS) is a plus.
- Introductory programming experience is a plus.
- Must be able to bend, reach, stoop and lift up to 30lbs.
- Must be able to work in a shared office, greenhouses and outdoors in different weather conditions.
Please e-mail resume to Careers at firstname.lastname@example.org, along with the title of the position you are applying for.
The above job duties and responsibilities describe the general nature and level of work for employees in this position, but this is not intended as an exclusive or all-inclusive inventory of all duties required of employees in this job.
Employment policies and decisions on employment and promotion are based on merit, qualifications, performance, and business needs. The decisions and criteria governing the employment relationship with all employees are made in a nondiscriminatory manner, without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or any other factor determined to be unlawful by federal, state, or local statutes.