Summer Camp Teacher
POSITION TITLE: Summer Camp Teacher
REPORTS TO: Youth Programs Manager
REVISION DATE: February 2020
Teach and lead the daily activities for its Summer Day Camp. The Summer Day Camp is a summer program in which 21 campers ages 4-10 explore the Garden for a week through stories, games, art projects, cooking and garden activities. The camp will be conducted weekdays from June 1 to July 24 with a one-week break June 29 – July 3.
Summer camp teachers report to work on May 28 and 29 for an orientation. During three of the camp weeks, teachers work 8:30 a.m. – 4:15 p.m. and the other three weeks, teachers work 8:30 a.m. – 1:15 p.m. More information about the Summer Camp can be found here.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Summer Camp Teachers organize and lead campers in art projects, games, cooking and learning activities. Additionally, Summer Camp Teachers prepare the projects for each day, clean-up and meet and greet parents. The majority of activities will be interactive and part of each day will be spent outside.
- Experience in teaching children ages 4 -12
- Completed at least two years of a bachelor’s degree program
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- An enthusiasm for the outdoors and the natural world
- Comfortable with cooking fresh fruits and vegetables
- CPR and first aid certification a plus
- Preference will be given to candidates with environmental education or cooking with children experience
- Satisfactory background and sexual offender registry checks
- Successful in person interview for shortlisted candidates
- Must be able to walk, sit and stand
- Must be able to lift, push and pull up to 25 lbs.
- Must be able to work outside in varied weather conditions and heat
Please e-mail resume to Careers at email@example.com, along with the title of the position you are applying for.
The above job duties and responsibilities describe the general nature and level of work for employees in this position, but this is not intended as an exclusive or all-inclusive inventory of all duties required of employees in this job.