Vice President, Marketing
POSITION TITLE: Vice President, Marketing
REPORTS TO: President and CEO
JOB SUMMARY: The Atlanta Botanical Garden seeks an experienced Vice President, Marketing, to direct and oversee the Marketing and Guest Experience departments for one of the top ten botanical gardens in the United States. The candidate will serve on the Garden’s leadership team and will design, implement and monitor effective marketing strategies and excellent guest experiences that align with the institution’s long-range planning goals.
The ideal candidate has a solid marketing background and work experience managing a variety of projects end-to-end, including paid advertising campaigns and digital marketing techniques. The Vice President, Marketing reports directly to the President & CEO and oversees the internal marketing and guest experience teams which account for nearly half of the Garden’s annual operating budget of $24M via critical earned income channels including ticket sales, on-site memberships and gift shop.
To be successful in this role, the candidate will be highly professional and will be expected to play a significant role shaping the Garden’s strategic planning. Working across department lines to effectively communicate marketing efforts is essential while also serving as in-house agency for internal clients along with establishing strong relationships.
Ultimately, the candidate will ensure that the Marketing and Guest Experience department’s activities contribute to Atlanta Botanical Garden’s long-term success.
- Develop and oversee an integrated marketing and brand strategy that ensures positioning for the Garden as a leading public garden in the nation.
- Set current and long-term goals for internal teams.
- Provide excellent stewardship of the Garden’s brand positioning.
- Create and review the Marketing department’s budget while helping set annual attendance projections.
- Lead all digital strategies to effectively communicate the Garden’s story.
- Build relationships with media and stakeholders through creative PR strategies.
- Monitor all marketing campaigns and improve them when necessary.
- Expertly manage agency relationships (i.e. media, market research, advertising).
- Prioritize marketing projects and allocate resources accordingly.
- Prepare regular reports and presentations on marketing metrics for the CEO.
- Conduct market analysis to identify challenges and opportunities for growth.
- Provide guidance and ideas to organize effective and creative marketing events/programs the Garden is renowned for.
- Work closely with Exhibitions team to determine possibilities for blockbuster shows that drive attendance, membership and awareness.
- Forecast hiring needs for the Marketing and Guest Experience departments.
- Participate in the quarterly and annual planning of the Garden’s objectives.
- Track competitors’ activities.
- Supervise the Design & Communications Manager, Marketing & PR Manager and Guest Experience Senior Manager.
- As a leader of the Garden, exhibit behavior and work ethics that provide a model for other employees. Special emphasis on positive attitude, energetic effort, initiative and deep commitment to institutional mission.
- Proven professional work experience for 12-15 years or more as a VP, Marketing, Marketing Director or other senior role.
- Supervisory and management experience required.
- Demonstrable experience designing and implementing successful marketing campaigns.
- Solid knowledge of SEO, web analytics and Google Adwords.
- Experience with CRM software and digital marketing tools and techniques.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Excellent communications skills.
- Strong analytical and project management skills.
- Strategic mindset, with ability to make difficult decisions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications or related fields.
Please e-mail resume to Careers at email@example.com, along with the title of the position you are applying for.
The above job duties and responsibilities describe the general nature and level of work for employees in this position, but this is not intended as an exclusive or all-inclusive inventory of all duties required of employees in this job.
Employment policies and decisions on employment and promotion are based on merit, qualifications, performance, and business needs. The decisions and criteria governing the employment relationship with all employees are made in a nondiscriminatory manner, without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or any other factor determined to be unlawful by federal, state, or local statutes.