Weekend Visitor Services Associate: Gainesville
POSITION TITLE: Weekend Visitor Services Associate in Gainesville
DEPARTMENT: Visitor Services in Gainesville
REPORTS TO: Visitor Services Manager
PRINCIPAL FUNCTION: This position will act as the WEEKEND frontline ambassador for the Garden whose main focus is creating enjoyable and positive experiences for all visitors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Greet arriving visitors and welcome them to the garden
- Gather feedback from visitors to share with management; work to problem solve daily issues as possible
- Process all admission Point of Sale (POS) transactions and functions; handle cash and credit transactions with a high level of accuracy and according to established policies
- Promote and actively sell annual garden memberships
- Assist visitors with Gift Shop purchases.
- Cleans and stock Gift Shop as necessary
- Provide general information about the Garden and the Gainesville area
- Maintain brochure racks and cleanliness of visitor center area
- Assist with incoming phone calls, vendors and visitors arriving for appointments with staff
- May work in the Garden directing and assisting visitors during an event.
STATUS AND SCOPE: interact with visitors at point of sale entry admissions area and throughout the gardens providing information and handling basic sales transactions.
- AVAILABLE ON WEEKENDS: THIS POSITION WORKS WEEKENDS ONLY
- Strong customer service skills; experience working in a customer focused capacity
- Experience with POS systems and daily balancing of cash and receipts
- Multi-tasking and organizational abilities
- Flexibility and capability to adapt to changes in daily routine and visitor needs
- Basic math, computer and cash handling skills required
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Intermittent standing and walking with extended periods of sitting at desk or working at point of sale computer. Position requires visual acuity to read details presented on a computer screen, manual dexterity to operate a computer keyboard and card swipe reader, manual dexterity to open and operate a cash drawer, and the ability to lift 30+ pounds.
MENTAL REQUIREMENTS: Excellent organizational and time management skills. Ability to effectively respond to multiple, changing and often conflicting priorities is essential. Must be able to effectively interact with the general public of all dispositions and maintain a calm, friendly and pleasant demeanor at all times.
Please e-mail resume to Careers at firstname.lastname@example.org, along with the title of the position you are applying for.
The above job duties and responsibilities describe the general nature and level of work for employees in this position, but this is not intended as an exclusive or all-inclusive inventory of all duties required of employees in this job.