- Virtual tours are available on Mondays between 9:30 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Reservations must be made at least two weeks in advance.
- Fee: $100, or free for Title I schools. Payment must be received two weeks prior to the program for non-Title I schools.
- Length: 30 minutes, including time for questions
- Program minimum: 10 students
- Program maximum: 35 students
- Program Delivery Mode: virtual conferencing platform co-hosted by teacher, Zoom preferred
- Please no recording of tours
- Teachers must be in attendance throughout the virtual tour whether they are in person with their students or if their class is remote and connected through virtual learning.
- Technology support sessions are available if teachers require assistance connecting to virtual tour platform.
Virtual Tour Topics
Carnivorous Plant Exploration (3-12th)
Sticky, stinky, slippery, plants. Travel to Georgia’s wetland bogs from your classroom to get an up close view of our native bug-eating plants in action. Discover why these plants have developed an unusual appetite and how they manage to trap and digest their prey.
Standards: S3L1.a, S3L1.b, S3L1.c.S3L2.a, S3L2.b , S4L1. a. b, S7L4.a., SCE1.b, SEC3.c ,SBO5.a, SBO5.c
Frog Talks (1st-5th)
Meet a few members of the Garden’s amphibian collection and study their adaptations and behaviors with our knowledgeable Education Team. See how we care for our animals while learning about amphibians habitats, life cycles, and relationships with plants.
Standards: SKL1.b, SKL2.a,SKL2.c, S1L1.b S1L1.c, S2L1.a.dS2L1.d S3L1.a,S3L1.b, S3L1.c, S3L2.ab,S4L1.a, S4L1.b, S4L1.c, S5L1.a
Plant Careers (6-12th)
Are you creative, like to work with your hands, or spend your time solving problems? Whatever your strengths, there’s a plant career for you! Based on your class’ choices, our Garden staff will highlight three plant careers and take you behind the scenes to show you a day in the life of working with plants.
Standards: S6E6.b, S7L3.c, SB2.c, SB3.c, SB5.d, SB5.e, SEV4.b, SEV5.d, SBO6.a
Rainforest Ramble (1st-12th)
Immerse your students in the Garden’s Tropical Rotunda, surrounded by tall trees, hanging vines, and trilling frogs. Test your knowledge of the rainforest biome and discover what features plants have developed to help them adapt to this warm and wet environment as you follow our safari guides from the comfort of your classroom.
Standards: S1L1.a,S1L1.b, S2L1.a, S2L1c, S3L1.a, S5L1.b, S7L4.a d, .SEC3.d SBO5.a, SBO5.c
15 Minute Talk with a Garden Expert (1st-12th)
Working on a class project and need some insight from Garden experts? Book a fifteen minute session and let your students ask their best plant questions. Suggested topics include pollinators, native plants and plant adaptations but our team can address additional topics if questions are presented in advance.