Division III Photography Guidelines
- Please carefully read and follow the General Information and the Timetable for Exhibitors.
- An exhibitor may enter ONLY ONE photograph in this show.
- Exhibitors must register on line through the Atlanta Botanical Garden Flower Show website. Entry in the classes will be granted on a first come - first served basis. Deadline for online entry is JANUARY 24, 2018.
- A printed photograph previously entered in any GCA, GCA Major and Sanctioned Non-GCA Major Flower Show may not be entered again even with slight alterations or reprinting.
- Each photograph must be the work of the exhibitor, under whose name it is registered. Mounting and printing may be done professionally.
- Any manipulation at the time of exposure, in the darkroom, by computer, or in the printing process is allowed in all classes and must be the work of the exhibitor. This includes cropping or any image, enhancement for color or clarity, removal of a part of the image, combining images, or distorting of the original subject.
- Photography entries are limited to subjects consistent with Atlanta Botanical Garden interests such as horticulture, floral design, gardens/landscapes, conservation and the environment, historic preservation, civic improvement and the natural world.
- All photographs must include plant material.
- If plant material in the image is identifiable, the common and botanical name(s) are required on the entry card and on the back of the photograph.
- Photographs must be mounted on foam core or mat board in black or white. No matting, glass or acrylic framing permitted. The surface finish of the photograph is the choice of the exhibitor.
- Image to be hung shall not exceed 18” in width or height.
- Each exhibitor must print out and fill out TWO entry forms. One entry form must be affixed to the back of the photograph mounting with the exhibitor’s name, garden club, zone, email, address, phone number and class entered. The top of the photograph must be indicated.
- The second entry form shall be loose in the envelope.
- An optional title or brief statement (not to exceed 25 words) may be included on the entry form.
- Mounted photographs must be received no later than FEBRUARY 1, 2018.
to be mailed or hand delivered to:
Atlanta Botanical Garden
ATTN: Devin Cowens
1345 Piedmont Avenue NE
Atlanta, GA 30309
Your registration will be confirmed and receipt of your photograph acknowledged by email.
- All photographs will be displayed throughout the Flower Show. They may be retrieved at the end of the show (after 5:00 on Sunday, February 25, 2018 or on Monday, February 26, 2018, at the Atlanta Botanical Garden).
- If you want to have your photograph returned to you by mail, then you must include a selfaddressed, padded and adequately stamped envelope. Any award received will be noted on the back of the mount before it is returned.
- All photographs will be passed by the photography committee to verify that class specifications have been met. If a photograph is not passed, the exhibitor will be notified and allowed, if time permits, to send a replacement photograph. The photography committee reserves the right to exclude any photographs that do not meet show standards.
- Only the photography committee may reclassify an entry, but only with the permission of the exhibitor. Photographs will be hung against a grey background.
- The scale of points by which the classes are to be judged.
For Judging all classes:
Technical Skill 20
DIVISION III Photography Classes
Driving Miss Daisy
A color photograph depicting traffic or roadways
Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil
A black and white photograph taken in a cemetery
The Hunger Games- Mocking Jay
A color photograph that includes a bird or birds.
Fried Green Tomatoes
A color photograph taken of a vegetable or fruit
A color or black and white photograph of a river
Bobby Jones - Stroke of Genius
A color photograph of a golf course
CHILDREN’S CLASS (Exhibitor’s must be 18 years old or younger)
The Blind Side
A color photograph of youth or high school sports
Division III Class Consultants:
Maria Mixon - firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Photography has an on line registration and a paper entry form. Two entry forms are to be
submitted with the photograph: one form attached to the back of the photograph and one loose.
ONLINE REGISTRATION DEADLINE - January 24, 2018
MOUNTED PHOTOGRAPH SUBMISSION DEADLINE - February 1, 2018