Calling all new and experienced gardeners!
Want a stronger connection to your food and where it comes from? Want a chance to network with neighbors and others in your community interested in edible gardening?
The Food Well Alliance, Park Pride, and the Atlanta Botanical Garden are teaming up to launch a brand new series of summer workshops at community gardens across metro-Atlanta. Whether you’re a novice or a gardening pro, come prepared to learn from experts who will provide hands-on teaching and demonstrations.
All workshops will feature light refreshments, opportunities to network, and instruction on the following topics:
Pest and Disease Management / Crop Rotation
– Common pest and what to look for
– Homemade or organic pest control
– Common crop rotations
– Companion plant combinations
Irrigation, Harvesting and Post-harvest Management
– Water wand nozzles
– Drip irrigation & soaker hoses
– Hand harvesting, washing and storing produce
– Added value products
– How to read harvesting guidelines
Tools and Equipment
– Tool rental options for larger tools
– Tool maintenance and care
WORKSHOP DATES & LOCATIONS:
Saturday, June 15, 10 a.m. – Mason Mill Community Garden
Saturday, June 15, 4 p.m. – Peachtree Hills Community Garden
Saturday, June 29, 10 a.m. – Parkview Community Garden
Saturday, July 6, 10 a.m. – Campbellton Community Garden