In addition to saving $5 on every Garden Lights ticket, Garden members are invited to an exclusive, discounted Garden Lights Member Premiere on Thursday, Nov. 11, 5 – 10 p.m. Tickets will be available for purchase Sept. 24 and are expected to sell out quickly.
Garden Lights, Holidays Nights is presented with support from:
About the Exhibition
Timed tickets go on sale Sept. 24 to Garden members and Oct. 1 to the public for Garden Lights, Holiday Nights presented by Invesco QQQ, Atlanta’s favorite seasonal tradition. Reduced capacity for a safe, socially-distanced experience means tickets are expected to sell quickly. Approximately two-thirds of 2020’s dates sold out.
While plenty of the show’s fan-favorite features will return, guests can expect new twists, including a colorful Glowing Grove along the Flower Walk, oversized flowers leading to Ice Goddess and several lighted sculptures from the 2021 summer exhibition SUPERnatural: Glass Art by Jason Gamrath.
Garden Lights Voted Best by AJC Readers
In 2020, Garden Lights was again voted the best holiday event in metro Atlanta by readers of the AJC. Last year’s show received nearly half the votes.
Your Safety is Our Priority
Keeping our guests safe during the most wonderful time of the year brings changes to this year’s Garden Lights experience.
- Nightly capacity has been reduced.
- Masks are required indoors for all guests over age 2, vaccinated or not. Masks are strongly recommended outdoors when social distancing (6 ft.) is not possible. Safety protocols may change with CDC guidelines and local mandates.
- All Garden staff and volunteers will be wearing masks at all times, and hand sanitation stations are located throughout the Garden.
- Guests are required to follow health guidelines on social distancing, maintaining at least six feet apart at all times.
- Many pathways will be designated one-way traffic.
- Tickets must be purchased online in advance of your visit.
- Tickets are limited to eight (8) per order.
- To limit gathering crowds upon arrival, there are two entrances: General Admission ticket holders enter through the gates by Mershon Hall. Premium and Premium+ ticket holders enter through the Hardin Visitor Center.
- To safely accommodate guests, the Night Light Tickets, Block Tickets and Group Tours are not offered in the 2021-2022 season. No tickets will be sold onsite.
Choose Your Tickets
Experience the benefits of the best Garden Lights ticket package ever offered!
- Includes FLEX TIX: Choose your preferred date and enjoy the ability to change if needed.
- NO TIME RESTRICTIONS: Arrive whenever you’d like on the scheduled date of your visit.
- Each ticket comes with a cloth face mask and lighted bulb necklace.
- Also includes hologram glasses, drink ticket and express entry.
Enjoy Garden Lights, Holiday Nights with a drink ticket and limited-edition hologram glasses to see the show in a whole new light.
Valid only for date selected at time of purchase and not transferable to another night. No rain checks for inclement weather. Purchase online. Premium drink tickets are not valid at Longleaf Restaurant.
General Admission Ticket
Flex Tix Add-on
Flex Tix is an add-on that allows you to change the date of your visit due to weather or other unforeseen circumstances. It can be purchased with General Admission or Premium tickets. Premium+ tickets include Flex Tix. Contact the Garden for an easy exchange to a different night at the same level. Flex tix value expires January 16, 2021.
Exchanges must be made by phone at the number provided in your emailed ticket confirmation. Upgraded date changes (Value Night to Peak Night, for example), require payment of the difference in ticket level. There are no refunds for downgraded date changes. FLEX Tix cannot be transferred to sold-out nights.
Monday – Wednesday:
$10 or $5 for vehicles of four or more people.
Thursday – Sunday:
$10 for all vehicles Multi-Visit SAGE Parking Passes are accepted.
The Garden’s parking deck is shared with Piedmont Park, so parking may be limited. If the deck is temporarily full when you arrive, return 10-15 minutes later, as it fills and empties in waves. Alternate means of transportation, including rideshare apps, taxis and MARTA are encouraged.
Oversized vehicles, buses and limos are not permitted to park onsite.
Know Before You Glow
Tickets must be purchased online in advance of your visit.
Tickets are non-refundable; valid ONLY for date selected at time of purchase unless FLEX Tix upgrade is purchased.
If you arrive before your scheduled time slot, please wait in your car before heading to admissions.
The exhibition is rain or shine. No rainchecks for inclement weather.
Guest passes and reciprocal benefits are not accepted for this special event.
Dress appropriately for this outdoor walking experience.
Wheelchairs and electric mobility scooters are available for rent at on a first come, first served basis and may not be reserved. Wheelchairs are complimentary, scooters are $25+tax. Scooter rentals must be paid by credit card at Garden Admissions. Photo I.D. required. Scooters may not be rented in inclement weather. Quantities limited.
No outside food.
No weapons of any kind.
No smoking, vaping and nicotine/tobacco.
For your children’s safety and the safety of all guests, wagons are not permitted during this exhibition. Strollers are welcome.
Dining at Longleaf
NEW! Members-only Reservations
In 2021, only Garden members may make reservations to dine at Longleaf during Garden Lights. Join today for this exciting new member perk.
A timed admission ticket is required to enter the Atlanta Botanical Garden in advance of your dining reservation time. Members who wish to make Longleaf reservations should:
- Purchase your Garden Lights tickets, making note of the arrival time.
- Call us at 404-671-3063. You will be asked to verify your membership with your member number, and provide your ticketed arrival time.
- Arrive to the Garden at your ticketed time, then head to Longleaf at the time of your reservation, earlier if possible.
Please note: All other seating at Longleaf during Garden Lights is first-come, first-served. Parties of 15 or more must be booked in advance through the Garden’s Special Events department. For deposits and scheduling, email Loretta Grissom, food & beverage outlet manager.
Masks are required in all the Garden’s indoor spaces, including Longleaf and the Quick Café.
Enjoy table service in the dining room each night, 5 – 10 p.m. Last seating at 8:45 p.m.
Order soup, sandwiches and more from the counter in the back of the restaurant.
Sunday – Thursday: 5 – 8 p.m.
Friday – Saturday: 5 – 9 .m.
Snack Bar & S’mores
Nightly, 5 – 10:30 p.m.
Please note: The Garden is card-only at this time. Garden Admission is required for dining at Longleaf, the Quick Café or the Snack Bar. Cash is not accepted.