Botanical Drawing Program
Learn to draw under the guidance of artist Carol Anne Sutherland. Beginning with the fundamentals for drawing the natural world in black and white, the courses develop technique until students gain the ability to capture intricate orchids and majestic trees in colored pencil. Participants earn a Botanical Drawing Certificate upon program completion.
Participants earn a Botanical Drawing Certificate upon program completion of 140 total classroom hours.
- Complete all 11 Classes (165 hrs) plus one Workshop (5 hrs)
- Arrange portfolio class work sequentially; schedule portfolio review with instructor
- Participate in Student Drawing Exhibition
List of program courses and 2019 schedule:
- Introduction to Drawing in Black & White, course begins Jan. 8
- Intermediate Black & White, course begins Feb. 12
- Drawing Birds (black and white or colored pencil), course begins Feb. 28
- Introduction to Colored Pencil Drawing, course begins March 19
- Capturing The Garden in Colored Pencil, course begins April 18
- Intermediate Colored Pencil, course begins April 30
- Drawing Orchids in Black & White, course begins June 11
- Drawing Orchids in Colored Pencil, course begins July 16
- Drawing Trees, course begins August 20
- Fine Line Pen for Botanical Illustration, course begins Sept. 24
- Drawing the Fall Harvest, course begins Oct. 29
- Finishing Touches, course begins Dec. 3
Fine Line Pen for Botanical Illustration
Fine line pen is the ideal medium for botanical illustration because it reproduc...