The Great Pumpkin–Carving Contest will be a festive family affair for all ages, celebrating all the delights the autumn season has to offer. This fall family festival, complete with live entertainment, carnival games, an outdoor movie, and festive seasonal treats, will culminate with a fantastic pumpkin-carving contest featuring talented carvers on the Great Lawn.
Things to look forward to:
- The Haunted “Maize,” a trick-or-treat filled haunted corn maze in the Edible Garden
- A Spooky Scavenger Hunt, complete with interactive performers and vignettes in the Garden
- The Ghost Hunt Children’s Activity, where children can hide handcrafted candy ghosts in the Garden and hunt for them with friends
- Outdoor Movie Screenings, featuring seasonal film favorites on outdoor screens
- Seasonal light bites inspired by vintage carnival fare
- A festive silent auction
- Performers telling family-friendly ghost stories and tales of mythical creatures
- Live paintings and tunes from talented artists, DJ’s and musicians
- A gaming midway featuring carnival themed amusements like Duck Pond, Pop-a-Shot, Ring Toss, Dunk Tank and more
The Great-Pumpkin Carving Contest event will take place from 5 – 9 p.m. on Thursday, October 24, while the actual Pumpkin Carving Contest will occur between 7 – 8 p.m. on the Great Lawn.
Don’t miss the wacky Scarecrows in the Garden scattered throughout the Garden during your visit.