The Great Pumpkin–Carving Contest will be a festive family affair for all ages, celebrating all the delights the autumn season has to offer. This fall family festival, complete with live entertainment, carnival games, outdoor movie screenings, and festive seasonal treats, will culminate with a fantastic pumpkin-carving contest featuring talented carvers on the Great Lawn.
Things to look forward to:
• Cheer on contestants as they compete for the most creative jack-o’-lantern during the Great Pumpkin-Carving Contest on the Great Lawn
• The Haunted “Maize,” a family-friendly trick-or-treat filled haunted corn maze in the Edible Garden
• Outdoor Movie Screenings, featuring seasonal film favorites on a giant outdoor screen in the Rose Garden
• The Ghost Hunt Children’s Activity, where children can hunt for handcrafted candy ghosts among the winding paths of the Perennial Garden
• A Cornucopia-making station where you can design, create, and take home your own autumn-inspired centerpiece
• A gaming midway featuring carnival themed amusements like Duck Pond, Pop-a-Shot, Ring Toss, Dunk Tank and more
• Seasonal light bites inspired by vintage carnival fare
• Signature Cocktails and Beer Sampling Flights
• Entertaining magicians and face-painters
• Live paintings and tunes from talented artists, DJ’s and musicians
The Great Pumpkin-Carving Contest begins at 7 p.m., Thursday, October 24, during Fest-of-Ale, 5 – 9 p.m.
Don’t miss the wacky Scarecrows in the Garden scattered throughout the Garden during your visit.