Inspired by nostalgic small-town, big-heart fall festivals, our annual Pumpkin-Carving Festival celebrates fall fun with exciting entertainment, live music and Garden programming for the whole family. Don’t miss:
- Epic carve contest featuring teams of amateur carvers designing masterful pumpkin creations.
- NEW! Announcement of Scarecrows in the Garden winners.
- NEW! Local restaurant chili competition. Pre-purchase for the chili competition is no longer available, but Chili Passes will be available for purchase during the event, while supplies last.
- WunderGrubs’ “Bug Bakery” offering interactive demos and tasting delicious baked goods made out of insects!
- Peach + Prosciutto offering charcuterie and snack board styling ideal for holiday entertaining. Their SPOOKtacular Snack Board is sure to delight trick-or-treaters.
Colonial House of Flowers teaching guests how to make adorable pumpkin succulent arrangements to take home.
Hot Jam performances of vibrant Lindy Hop swing dance and offering instruction.
The SCAD Honeybees vocal ensemble
performing seasonal hits.
Owen Plant performing a unique blend of folk, Americana and old-time reggae.
Smith & Calvert playing folk and Americana with beautiful harmonies.
- Kids Zone featuring bubbles and crafts!
- Seasonal food and drink for purchase!
Please note: This is event is 5 – 9 p.m., with last entry at 7:30 p.m.
Member Adult – $22.95, Member Child (Ages 3-12) – $19.95
Non-Member Adult – $27.95, Non-Member Child – $24.95
Apply to become a pumpkin carver
Is your expertly-carved pumpkin always the best on your block? Apply to compete in the 2022 Great Pumpkin-Carving Contest, held live at the Garden on October 27, 2022.
Teams of up to two amateur carvers will have 2.5 hours to carve a pumpkin in front of guests at stations throughout the Garden. All selected competitors (up to two per team) will receive one (1) Garden Golden Ticket, which grants access to a year of exciting events at the Garden and two (2) free guest admissions to the October 27 event.
Anyone ages 18 and up are invited to apply. Carvers must bring their own tools and supplies to design pumpkins. More details and contest rules will be provided after pumpkin carving teams are announced. Carvers must be at the Garden between 4:30 and 8:30 p.m. on October 27, 2022.
Application opens: September 14 | Application deadline: October 3