Back to Gainesville Map
Ida Mae Pass Ivester Children’s Garden
The Ida Mae Pass Ivester Children's Garden provides an exciting opportunity for play and learning in a botanical-rich setting. Perched on the highest point of the property, the 2 ½-acre garden is planted with trees, flowering shrubs and perennials, an estimated 95 percent of which were grown on site, some for at least seven years from seeds or cuttings. Designed by Spurlock Landscape Architects, the garden features hands-on exploration, opportunities for adventure, and water play and free play elements that highlight earth, fire, water and wind.
- Explore the world or carnivorous plants in bog bowls
- Reach new heights climbing the Treehouse and Rock Climb
- Discover fairies and dragons, including Desmond, a balance beam dragon guarding the entrance
- Wind through the Fairy Forest featuring the miniature Fairyland Trolley.
- Leap like the giant frog plant sculptures around the pond
- Catch water that jumps magically from bowl to bowl.
The innovative new space is named in honor of avid gardener and community supporter, Ida Mae Pass Ivester.