March 4 – 5: Join us for the Fuqua Conservatory’s long-awaited return of the tropical frog exhibits! Get ready for a weekend of fun and learning as we welcome the frogs back home to the Garden. This event is free with Garden admission.
- Join Garden staff for a frog feeding to see how our amphibians catch and consume their food!
- Learn about the reptilian residents with a Conservatory animal tour.
- Pick the brains of our amphibian expert at the Meet the Expert Q&A.
- See how your frog-keeping skills hold up in interacting with bugs and terrarium components to learn about the difficulties of frog care.
- Hop along Lilypad Lane on the Great Lawn, giving your best ribbit imitation along the way!
- Sensory bins full of blue pom pons hidden toy frogs to encourage sensory play.
- A frog call machine lets kids push buttons and hear native calls, paired with frog-shaped sound toys to make different noises and talk about how to listen for frogs in the Conservatory.
- Stuffed animals, x-rays and other props to teach how amphibians endure metamorphosis.
- Reading Invitation – A blanket with frog-themed books will invite parents and their little ones to sit and rest flipping through picture books.
Please note: Outdoor activities will not be available on March 5 due to Vanilla Sunday.