Enjoy a variety of live performances by some of Atlanta’s most beloved children’s musicians and storytellers in this engaging series. Shows take place Fridays, June through October at 10 and 10:45 a.m.
On July 30, kids of all ages will love this interactive music show with Scott Douglas, featuring natural, plant-produced instruments from around the world. With an impressive collection from places as far as Brazil, Thailand and Africa, experience the unique sounds of rain sticks, bird calls, frog croakers, drums and many more. Scott Douglas has been performing as a percussionist since the 70s and has been an annual performer with Shows for Seedlings for over a decade.
Free with Garden Membership or Admission; no show reservations are required. However, we recommend reserving your timed Admission tickets at least 15 minutes prior to show times, as the performance area is a short walk from the Garden entrance.
For everyone’s comfort and safety, we have implemented best practices during the pandemic. Please read our procedures before attending. Thank you for helping us create a safe and joyful experience for all!
- This program has temporarily moved to the Great Lawn under the shade of the elm trees.
- Bring a picnic blanket or ground cover if desired, as the grass can be damp in the morning.
- Attendance is limited to meet safe social distancing recommendations. Please see our program greeter on the Great Lawn for a spot starting 10 minutes before each session.
- Family/pod seating is spaced out so you have room to wiggle and still maintain distance.
- Learn about the Garden’s safety protocols, including mask policies, here. We will continue to closely monitor developments in public health. Please check back with our website regularly for updates to our policies and family program offerings.
We may cancel if rain, cold temperatures or inclement weather make outdoor programming impractical. To check the status, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Shows for Seedlings is for children accompanied by an adult.