Teen Volunteer Day
The Atlanta Botanical Garden is looking for enthusiastic and tenacious high school interns interested in science and plant careers. Get to know the Garden during your February break and make it your own. Weed, water, prune, mulch and complete other basic outdoor gardening tasks under the supervision of experienced horticulturalists and other Garden staff.
Date: Tuesday, February 19 9 a.m. - 12 p.m.
- Volunteers will help Garden staff with an outdoor garden maintenance project and receive a private tour of the Garden.
- Volunteers will receive 3 credit hours toward high school volunteer requirements.
- Water and a small snack will be provided.
- Gardening tools and supplies will be provided.
- Attire: Closed-toed shoes are required. Dress for the weather and for outdoor work.
- Pre-registration and attendance confirmation is required. To register, please email Lorin Boren at firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, contact information, school attending, and grade level.
- Must be between the ages of 15-18 years old.
- Ability to work outdoors in a variety of conditions, and inclement weather.
- Ability to lift heavy objects and carry out physical activities.
- Willingness to follow policies and procedures of the Atlanta Botanical Garden.
- Ability to receive and interpret instruction.
- Must bring a Volunteer Information Form for Minors, signed by a guardian, on day of service.
Register early, only 20 volunteer spots are available! For questions regarding this volunteer opportunity, please email email@example.com.